Merchandiser APPLY NOW
Merchandisers plan and manage product ranges, inventory, displays and promotions. They collaborate with buyers, suppliers, analysts and retail teams to have the right products in stock, on the shelf and in attractive displays at the right price to interest customers and produce sales.
- Planning and developing merchandising strategies.
- Analyzing sales figures, market trends and customer behavior to determine product needs.
- Stocking sales floor shelves and creating attractive product displays.
- Determining the need for and implementing product promotions, price changes, mark downs, clear outs, etc.
- Ensuring retail staff are well informed on product details and promotions.
- Maintaining and tracking inventory.
- Understand customer behavior, monitor stock movements, manag inventory levels, ensure product displays are appealing to customers and implement promotional activities
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience in merchandising
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Up-to-date with the latest merchandising trends and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening, presentation and decision making skills
- Commercial acumen and the ability to “decode” customers
- Problem solver
- Handle pressure and satisfy customer expectations